Saturday, April 11, 2009

Rainy days and bike rides do not go well together!

Three of us were meeting at the bike trail head for a 30 miler today, it was overcast but 42, it was going to be great! I had my jacket on, my left biking shoe was on and my right one was half way on when my cell rang, it was Jennifer and it was raining (I hadn't looked outside in a while) HARD! Now I don't know about you, but I do not have windshield wipers on my glasses and neither does Jennifer so she ducked out and I was left to meet Laura at the trail head; I went without my bike... :-( We decided next week will be better and will try again, such a bummer, but hey I got to drink a second cup of coffee on the way to the trail!

Indoors in the basement on the trainer was brutal, mental strength was the mantra I kept repeating to myself, JP even had to give me a pep talk! I made it through on a wing and a prayer and was happy it was over. Biking on the trainer must be some sort of medieval torture, I loved it last year but it is killing me this year! Off to see Monsters vs. Aliens, should be fun!

If you didn't know the Ironman 70.3 Championship is on NBC tomorrow - I am so excited, JP set the DVR, such amazing inspiration (the race, not JP setting the DVR :-))!!

No comments: