Friday, December 4, 2009

Triathlons and Vegetarianism

So I am now in full swing of my 30 week Ironman training and I am struggling with the balance of training and vegetarianism since I am new to it. My shift to it was rapid, one day I could eat meat and the next I couldn't and at this point there is not compromise, I am not going to eat meat. The turkey on thanksgiving smelled so good, I thought "I am definitely having a bite of that" and when I went to grab some, I couldn't even put my fork on a piece of it, I just can't do it anymore. I need to find a good vegetarian cookbook, I have found a few but they aren't very practical--very long and involved recipes, I work fulltime, I don't have hours to cook each meal. All of the pre-made vegetarian fare is good enough but over processed is overprocessed, just because it is vegetarian doesn't mean it is made from organic ingredients and isn't full of all kinds of preservatives. I sound like a whiner(sp?), I know that I am a wine-er, ha!

I got my TYR split fins today and I am so excited to add them to my drills! The should help me to be more motivated to get into the pool, 21 degrees and foggy makes it awfully tough to slide into the cool water...

No comments: