Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Training week 5 - Brick!

I actually love brick workouts now, I feel so strong on my runs after a good bike workout!  I ran a 9:56 pace today, not too shabby but it was only for 15 minutes...

My great friend and training partner signed up for the Boise 70.3 in June, she sent me an official email this morning.  That race is so fun I can't wait to go and cheer her on!  It will be strange being a spectator rather than a participant, I will get a great idea of what my husband is going through when he supports me on long races.  Hopefully the weather will be kinder than it was last year, rain and 58 degrees, burrrrr!

We were supposed to get a big dumping of snow last night and it never came, I was so excited to go sledding with the kiddos, maybe tomorrow...I will be very disappointed if we go an entire Christmas vacation and never go sledding, it just wouldn't be right!

Finally, we went to a party to watch a football bowl game today, I brought hummus and veggies, the hummus got great reviews so I thought I would share the recipe.

1 can garbanzo beans with half the liquid
1 clove of garlic
4 Tbsp. lemon juice
2 Tbsp. tahini
salt and pepper to taste

mix it all up in a blender or food processor until smooth, you could add a table spoon or two of plain yougrt for added creaminess.  Serve with veggies and a little olive oil on top.  Enjoy!

No comments: