Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Back from Vacation; Ironman training week 3 begins!

Missed all of last week due to vacation, totally worth it! I got a little exercise in though, I wore my Garmin and walked just under 50 miles in 4 days (betcha can't guess where I was :-)), I call that endurance training!

I have yet to make it to the pool since I got my new fins, I plan on getting there tomorrow; Jennifer probably thinks I am so lame, I won't consider myself lame until I actually miss the workout.

Okay, now I have to comment (again) on my new organic/vegetarian eating, I cannot tell you how fabulous I feel, it is amazing and I am not shy to tell my friends and co-workers about what a difference "clean eating" (I heard this term and wanted to use it) is making. I haven't lost any weight but that is not why I am doing it, although it would be a nice bonus! My only complaint is the bloating, I am pretty sure from the fiber of all the whole grains and the veggies but somebody recommended "Beano" and that is helping things to subside, lucky for me. I think that was an over-share, oh well!

Finally, I had a break through with the kids too, tonight they ate the dinner I cooked with hardly any complaints, woo hoo! With that I will share the recipe that I used to make my own homemade, organic pesto:

4 oz basil leaves, washed, dried and de-stemed
1/2 cup parmesan cheese
1/4 cup pine nuts (I like to toast mine)
3 cloves garlic
2 Tbsp olive oil

Pulse in a food processor after you add each ingredient until relatively smooth and let set for 45 minutes to an hour--yummy!!

No comments: