Thursday, December 17, 2009

Christmas program and an Interresting workout...

We attended a "Cowboy Holiday" program at school today, the kids were so cute and they put a western spin on the songs, very creative and fun! I also got to leave work early so that was a huge bonus, I love when I gather a little extra time :-)

I find that I cook a lot since I have converted to my new way of eating, luckily I like to cook, my husband is getting tired of cleaning up after me but I am trying to be a little bit neater, lucky for me he supports my new efforts, I can't imagine how hard (impossible) it would be if I didn't have his support!

Tonight I made a great organic quinoa dish that I made up, not at all complicated but really good!
1 cup quinoa
2 cups water
vegetable buillion
1 medium carrot, chopped
1/2 cup frozen peas

Put all of the first 4 ingredients into a rice cooker and wait, once it is finished I added the frozen peas. I like radish's so I thinly sliced one and added that as well, not many people like them so I left them out of the "official" recipe.

Okay, so all of a sudden I am seeing a recipe pattern, I guess it is not a bad thing, at least when I forget them I have a place to reference back to!

My workout was a bit taxing, forty-five minutes of riding that took me, oh...about 2 hours, there was a lot of off and on, fortunately the last 22 minutes were constant! One of the distractions was my poor youngest, ,she slipped when she was running into the bathroom and hit her nose on the wall, ouch! I didn't notice any bruising or anything but I think she hit it pretty hard, poor thing, I hope she doesn't wake up in the morning with a black eye because she broke her nose! I wonder if kids can even break their noses? They're so small and I think the cartiledge is pretty elastic. I just hope it doesn't hurt her through the night!

No comments: