Sunday, March 8, 2009

Triathlon Swimming Drills

I would really like to finish the 70.3 swim in 45 minutes, to some that probably sounds super slow to me it sounds like a dream, a dream where I am swimming very fast! I like the quote “Fitness is what is achieved while practicing good technique” it is so true with me and swimming. I just want to get yardage in but I have to remind myself that yardage doesn’t matter if I have bad technique that zaps my energy. I really do not like the swimming drills because they make me uncomfortable but I think that might be the point, when I am semi-comfortable, (that is all I can get, I don’t think I will ever be comfortable in the water, but when I am semi-comfortable) my form is terrible and I am exhausted! If the drills don’t work my next step will have to be a total immersion weekend…

Workout:

  • Type: Swim
  • Date: 03/08/2009
  • Time: 16:33:08
  • Total Time: 00:40:00.00
  • Calories: 313
  • Distance: 1,400 yd
  • Average Pace: 2:51.89/100yd

No comments: