Saturday, February 14, 2009

Spinning!!

I put myself through the paces today and did my own version of spinning on the trainer in my living room, it was hard but I am very pleased that I got through it! Typically when I ride on the trainer I am fairly steady with my gears and don’t do a lot of shifting, I know, it is probably not the best way to train. Well this year I am really trying to push myslef outside of my comfort zone and I think I am seeing results! Today I got up out of the saddle and spun (that doesn’t sound right, but neither does spinned, hmmm) anyway, every 5 minutes I was up and riding HARD for 1 minute in all different gears so I didn’t get too comfortable. I am very tired, very sweaty and very happy I did it and it is over!! Sounds weird but not finishing Ironman has probably had a more positive effect on my trianing than if I had crossed the line, I still wish I would have crossed the finish line but at least I can see the positive in it (now!) :-)

Workout:

  • Type: Cycle
  • Date: 02/14/2009
  • Time: 14:02:02
  • Total Time: 1:00:00.00
  • Calories: 942
  • Distance: 17.4 miles
  • Average Speed: 17.4 mph
  • Max Speed: 24.8 mph

No comments: