Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Day 1 of 16 week training program!!

Long day, good workout :-) I had to work outside of the office today with 3 or so hours of driving, the first half was snow covered and slippery, yuck! It was a great day, I got a lot of work done.

After I wrapped things up I went and visited a friend in the hospital, she had a heart procedure done (it went well, yea!). It worked out very well that I happened to be in the town where she had the procedure done. As I expected she was her old self--she has this big laugh that makes me smile, way deep down in my soul. She will be in the hospital for the night and then hopefully will be able to come home tomorrow.

Oh yeah, it was the first day of my 16 week workout program to get ready for the 70.3, I am really excited and want to do well, so my plan is to kick ass and take names in my training. That is my plan today, ask me in 8 weeks, things might be a little different :-). Today's workout was a 10 miler at level 5-6 with 4 x 30 seconds at level 10. I ate pesto pasta way too close to my bike ride, I felt a little like Michael Scott when he ate fettuccini alfredo before the rabies run, oy!

No comments: