Wednesday, February 11, 2009

It has been way too long!!

At least I can say that it is not because I have been lazy!! so shortly after Ironman (about a week actually) I got a huge promotion at work, so I went from working 70-80% time to 100%+ time and directing a department, no complaints it has been an incredible learning experience and the extra money was an absolute blessing when my husband essentially lost his job (he works in an industry that is extremely affected by the economic crisis). I made sure that my new job didn't take too much away from my workout life because while I was ready for a break after Ironman I was not ready to become a couch potato, in fact I completed an olympic distance (or an International distance as they are calling it now) triathlon about 6 weeks after Ironman, I really needed to cross that finish line!!

Anyway, so much to talk about but the most important, I am about 1.5 weeks away from the official start of trianing for an Ironman 70.3 event in June, I am so excited and feeling so confident about this race because I learned so much back in June. I have learned that it is okay to feel uncomfortable and can now push myself through discomfort (usually :-)) and have also learned that it is okay to be selfish on occasion.

Anyway, I am glad to be back and I look forward to my Ironman journey, because, just so you know, I will complete an iron distance triathlon in 2010, come hell or highwater, nothing is going to stop me!!

No comments: