Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Wow, what a difference!

So, I am a dork, I can admit it; I went in to the bike shop today to get some clips and pedals and the guy was so nice and patient and helpful. I am pretty sure he wanted to laugh at me because I am so clueless about all this bike stuff, infact he said to me that he would probably would have made fun of me if he knew me better :) He wanted to take my Schwinn bike computer off my bike and I told him he couldn’t because I didn’t know how to work my Cateye so I only used it for cadence (I like to call it RPM’s but apparently that is not the cool word, it may not even be correct but I know what I am talking about), so instead he just cut the really long zip ties off for me so they no longer make noise on the spokes when I ride. What can I say, I am finely tuned about somethings and not so finely tuned about others.

Anyway, the point to my story is that I love my new shoes and clips, I should have listened to, well everybody, and got them a long time ago. I did have one very scary, almost wreck, right when I started out tonight. Here is a tip, never go for your very first ride with your shoes clipped to your pedals and try to start up a hill, it is a bit dangerous and I am pretty sure that you might end up with a bruise on your butt, not that it happened to me, I am just giving a little advice. :)

Logbook Activity

  • Type: Cycle
  • Date: 05/14/2008
  • Time: 20:53:02
  • Total Time: 00:48:40.00
  • Distance: 11.4 miles
  • Average Speed: 14.05 mph

No comments: