Sunday, May 25, 2008

Long Ride...

Great ride, super fantastic, fabulous ride…until the wind hit, but more about that later. My friend got a new bike and so she went out with me for the first 18 miles, it was really nice to have to company and we had a lot of fun! She is just getting comfortable on her bike and we only had one spill and one bruise, not to shabby!

I took off and rode another 25 miles when my hubby called and said he would meet me at home and ride the rest of the distance with me, AWESOME! It was perfect because I ran into the house and refilled my gatorade bottles and was able to get in three hills on the way to the house! Speaking of hills, I altered my route to make sure I had a few more climbs, they slowed me down significantly but I was really happy I did them, I absolutely hated the three that I did between miles 77 and 80 but hey, I did them! JP was not to thrilled to have to ride them, he has a “secret” way home that one includes 1 hill :) next time I might go that way!

Okay, now about the wind–I was at one point pedaling down a hill and was going 12.5 mph! I really had to talk my self in to continuing, I felt a little demoralized because I was tired but I worked through it and was able to go the distance, yeah!

This intense training is starting to get to me, I am looking forward to relaxing a little bit–only 27 days to go, YIKES!!!!

Logbook Activity

  • Type: Cycle
  • Date: 05/24/2008
  • Time: 10:20:00
  • Total Time: 5:30:00.00
  • Distance: 80 miles
  • Average Speed: 14.55 mph

No comments: