Monday, May 12, 2008

tough week...

Well last week was a rough one. I was on a business trip and my sister called to tell me my grandpa was really sick so I changed my ticket and flew to see him. It was so great to just get to hang out and talk and laugh with him. I got totally off track with my workouts but it really didn’t matter, life and family were more important. My heart broke when he died on Saturday, but I felt strong when I ran tonight so I know that he was with me. I also know that if I have one ounce of the strength that he showed over the past week, I WILL be able to complete Ironman!!

Now for some small talk, I am back home and getting back into a groove. When I was away, I got some new shoes at fleet feet, they have amazing customer service! I am definitely going to be sticking with Brooks for right now, I am extremely happy with my shoes :)

Logbook Activity

  • Type: Run
  • Date: 05/12/2008
  • Time: 21:19:26
  • Total Time: 1:04:00.00
  • Distance: 5.75 miles
  • Average Pace: 11:07.9/mile

No comments: