Sunday, May 25, 2008

A literal pain in the ...

Ass! I started running and about 1 mile in to it I got the most unbelievable pain in my right buttocks (as Forest Gump would say). the pain was radiating down my leg, I seriously felt like I was going to cry. I had two choices; I could continue to run and see if it got better or I could quit, I decided to run and hope for the best. Well as you can see, I couldn't run fast but I could run, slowly and deliberately. I did have a couple of 11 minute miles but couldn't sustain the pace because the pain would increase.

I had the most unbelievable Coke Classic craving at about mile 10, thank goodness that Bogey's was open at the golf course and I had hidden money in my shoe, I pounded a Pepsi (you know how much I wanted soda if I drank a Pepsi), I seriously felt like I had died and gone to Heaven. That final mile was like running on a cloud (not at all, it was a serious struggle) but I made it home. Only to find that Maggie had stolen 4 out of 5 steaks that had been BBQ'd. As if food isn't expensive enough these days, she ate my lunch for the next 3 days and will likely gas me out of my own bedroom tonight--I swear that dog was punishing me for not taking her on the run!!!

No comments: