Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Training days 17, 18 & 19

I got a little bit behind on my posting! I had a terrible workout on Saturday! I was supposed to ride my bike for 1:45, I rode for 44 minutes and the workout kicked my ASS! I was very disappointed with myself. So, I go into my Sunday workout feeling GREAT, 20 minutes into it my right ankle/shin starts to hurt a little, I push on, it feels okay so I continue on for another 40 minutes. By the last 5 minutes my leg hurt pretty bad but I really wanted to finish and I was feeling a little bit wimpy letting pain get the best of me. I was wrong to push on! My leg is now killing me and it feels like my shin muscles are "burning" when I walk and that sucks! I have started and continue to follow the RICE (Rest, Ice, Compression, Elevation) protocol and I am hoping for quick results. I wrapped my leg tonight and tried to slowly walk on the treadmill in the low zone 2 range, it didn't work my leg hurt too much. The good news is that I got on my bike and felt fantastic! I rode for 45 minutes and rode 14 miles, I am getting faster!!! In addition to the bike ride I also was able to get in a 20 minute swim. I was able to swim 700 meters which I was happy with after being out of the pool for 2 months. I have a long way to go but you gotta start somewhere!

No comments: