Sunday, November 15, 2009

Bad blogger, bad blogger!

I have been struggling to get the posts that I write in my head when I am driving to and from work, or when I am working out, on to the page. Believe me, they are good posts, but then I sit down at the computer and get distracted by the Huffington Post or some other news source that talks about politics and I get all stressed out, what a worthless use of my time!

Anyway, I am about 3 weeks away from the official start of my 30 week Ironman training program, Yikes!! I am really excited, I sooooooo want to cross that finish line! JP made me a couple of different inspirational videos to watch when I need a little push and he had a band made for my wrist that says "Pain is temporary, Pride is forever" it is an awesome daily reminder of how hard I need to work and that just because something hurts while I am doing it, I shouldn't quit (ie hill repeats.)

Lately, my pre-training has suffered a bit because of my job and all of the travel that I have been doing, I gotta figure out how to balance the work, family and training a bit better. What this really means is that I need to start getting up early to get my workout in first thing, OY! Oh how I wish I was a morning person but I am SO NOT a morning person, maybe my pink bracelet will remind me that even though it hurts to get out of bed and on to the bike it will all be worth it when I hear those wonderful words "...YOU ARE AN IRONMAN!"

No comments: