Friday, April 15, 2011

Are we ready to go Vegan?

It has been mulled over at our house many a night, admittedly by me more than anybody else, but I am slipping more and more Vegan meals into the mix and nobody has noticed, for real!  I made "beef" stew, nachos with "ground beef" and sloppy Joe's all with no animal ingredients and nobody was the wiser!  For the stew I made seitan with high gluten flour (I know this won't work for everybody because of the gluten) but I was shocked when I served it and everybody gobbled it up!  For the ground "beef" I used textured vegetable protein, vegetable bouillon and hickory liquid smoke, again, not even a question!  I told JP what I had done and he told me to quit trying to trick him he is on board with what I am doing :-)  As long as the food is good, he really doesn't care what's in it, okay that is kind of an exaggeration but still he is pretty easy.

I don't think I am ready to go fully vegan, but I feel good when I can put something on the table, that I feel good about cooking and it happily gets eaten up-in my world that is a good day!

on a second note, now that I have talked about food and eating I will talk about training...it's going okay, pretty good actually!  I have to do a long ride tomorrow and a long run on Sunday, I'm actually looking forward to it, I think that is a good sign.  One of these days I will actually get into the pool, I cannot believe that I haven't done that yet...actually I can, I wish I loved swimming more!

Have a happy day!

No comments: