Tuesday, July 17, 2007

I can now be called a triathlete!!

Here is a picture of the three fly girls (t fly, b sue fly and the fly)

Well my first triathlon experience was humbling, inspiring, enlightening, educational and so much FUN!!!

I am so glad that I did the Valley Girl -- I wish I didn't have to wait a year to get to do it again; although over the next year I plan to find myself a road bike, no more Pee Wee Herman bike.

Now here is the recap for nobody but myself :-)

The swim was as hard as I thought it would be, I kept my head above water the entire time and met some nice gals along the way. It was so much fun to be in such a friendly, encouraging environment. I was surprised when I was out of the water in less than 20 minutes and alive, it was excellent!!

The bike ride was interesting, I didn't like the chubbier than me 41 year old who blew past me, but I had to remind myself that I was saving my quads for the run :-) The funniest part was that I was passed by at least 150 people on the bike ride, at the very end I just put my bike in the lowest gear possible and rode down the last hill and passed two people, I guess I am a little bit competitive.

The run was really fun. My hip flexor was killing me at the start of the third mile, so while I wanted to stop, it hurt way more to walk so I just kept running. I caught the 41 year old that passed me on the bike, so I had a little bit of satisfaction there.

After the race I was hopped up on adrenaline and then had a major blood sugar crash, fortunately the Fly Mom made a protein shake and the Donkey Llama recommended some Coke, that combo brought me back to the land of the living quickly, thank goodness!

I am really excited for the Ironman and all of the races in between. Now if only I felt as good on my run this evening as I did on Sunday...

No comments: